Halloween is finally here! The smell of pumpkin pies and cinnamon spices have filled the air. With so many sugary treats at our fingertips, here at Dayley Family Dental in Boise, Idaho, we understand how scary it can be leading your family to oral disaster. That is why our team is happy to give you some tips and tricks for keeping your smile healthy this spooktacular season:
· Avoid hard and sticky candies. These candies can be very harmful to your teeth. The sugary substance can latch on to your tooth enamel encouraging tooth decay.
· Have your candy with other meals. This will encourage other food particles and saliva to wash the sugar from your teeth.
· Try providing sugarless gum. Sugarless gum can encourage saliva production, which can wash away the harmful food particles in your mouth.
· Remember to brush your teeth regularly. Brushing at least twice a day for two minutes a day will help you keep your teeth healthy and free from tooth decay.
· Don’t forget to floss. Flossing reaches the places a toothbrush cannot reach. Between the teeth and deep along the gum line are popular places for candy to leave sugary particles forming cavities.
· Use mouthwash after brushing. By using mouthwash, you can clear away any remaining bacteria in your mouth after brushing, leaving your smile clean and fresh.
If you would like to come in for a dental cleaning, or would like more information on how you can keep your family’s oral health in excellent shape, please feel free to call us at 208-321-1141 and make an appointment. A member of our friendly staff is happy to take your call and help you with any oral questions or concerns you may have pertaining to your oral care. So, call us today and enjoy your Halloween season!